Monday, August 17, 2009

As Per Waylon's Request

My dear friend and boss Waylon asked me to make him a new bathing suit, easy enough but there was a catch, he wanted it made out of a Chinatown shopping bag.

Not one to turn down a challenge, I accepted.

So today he brought me a shopping bag and an old bathing suit he doesn't wear anymore to use for its lining.

A couple hours later I went from this... One China Town Shopping/Laundry Bag



To This... A fully lined, elastic waist-banded bathing suit.




I left the straps across the front (just for fun), used the zipper pieces as trim on the side seams and added the binding to the leg hems.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

amy merrick said...

truly awesome, peter!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

whaaaaaaaaattttt! this is fantastic! can you make me a girly one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...