Sunday, May 22, 2011

Prolific Pattern

Here's another piece I made from the pattern I draped, used in the last 2 posts. This one is extra special because I finally used the vintage fabric I bought while in Paris circa 2007. I've literally been carrying it around since then, I'm pleased I finally have something to show for it.


This time around I raised the neckline, added a Peter Pan collar with a proper collar stand, and added cuffs to the sleeves. All seams are French and have been topstitched with a thicker thread. The green buttons are just something I had laying around from a menswear class I took at SCAD and if you look carefully you can see I again opted for the pink heart button at the collar.


Looks pretty dapper with a matching bowtie I had made previously.


I'll be wearing both tomorrow for sure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...