Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011

Ok so I'm a few days late... Sorry.

I had a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration on the upper east side followed by a head-splitting New Year's Day at my apartment in Williamsburg... but isn't that the point?

I rang in the new year at quite the luxurious party hosted by my dear friend Joey and his family. The last party I attended by this family had quite the theme and I wore quite the number (see here). So this time around I knew I had to outdo myself, so I went a little nuts.

I wore my vintage custom tux from the 70's, a cape I made from gold jacquard fabric and topped it all off with a turban I made a few years back. To give my look a little something extra I added some upholstery tassels.



In the end I look like I pulled a Maria from the Sound of Music and made my outfit out of a curtain. Regardless it was a blast and I certainly made a lot of friends! Ha.



So Happy 2011 and so long 2010!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That cape is so cool! And you made it yourself? Even more awesome!!

Cool blog by the way, please check mine out if you feel like it. :)

www.eccentric-behavior.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...