Saturday, May 8, 2010

SCAD Style Week

I was lucky enough to be invited down to Savannah to moderate the lectures of Michael Schmidt, Sally Brunger and Victoria Bartlett for SCAD's Style Week. It was great to be back, to visit some of my old stomping grounds, tour the facilities, and catch up with old friends. It was a wonderful trip, I have so many stories but I'm going to have to plead the 5th: what happens in Savannah, stays in Savannah! Instead Ill share some pictures I took.

The lecture I moderated was held in the student center, formally a synagogue. SCAD does the most wonderful work with historic buildings.

The space at soundcheck before our audience arrived.




The view of the ceiling after I fainted as time came closer to speak.. just kidding!



The lecture was a great success and in the end was more fun then nerve-racking.

In my free time I enjoyed walking Forsyth Park and taking in all the southern charm Savannah has to offer.














Though lots has changed, some things stayed the same.



My trip ended with a beautiful dinner party in the courtyard of an old jail house turned SCAD athletics offices. The lanterns are of course work of SCAD Alumni.





Already looking forward to my next trip back!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...